Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kids' stuff

Until  decide about my next project, I'm busy with some fun stuff: kids' aprons and kitchen things.
I found this great tutorial for a reversible kids' apron and started pulling fabrics for 4 aprons: 3 boys and one girl (my beautiful grandchildren).


I have no experience in sewing except for quilting. I never worked with patterns, and I didn't know how to tackle this little project. Luckily it is a great tutorial, at Aesthetic Nest,  very detailed and easy to follow for even a novice like me. The apron is reversible, which make it easier to sew and also gives the apron a nice finished look.


 For this girl's purple apron I used Central Park by Kate Spain for Moda and this lovely dolls fabric - Storybook Lane by Kelly Lee-Creel.


I'm very happy with the way it came out, let's hope my lovely granddaughter will like it as well!



I'm linking to Show and Tell Tuesday at I have to say, Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story, and WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

Please Pop over there to see the great work of the talented quilters!


Thanks for stopping by,
Noga


IMG_6373
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedFresh Poppy Design

6 comments:

  1. Wow I love that they are reversible, I will have to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love making reversible aprons. It's nice to have a choice of what you're going to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome and so nice that they are reversible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet apron - your grandkids are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great aprons. Love that they are reversible too. Thanks for the link to the tute. :)

    ReplyDelete