Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kaleidoscope QAL #1 - fabrics



I'm very excited and can't wait to start working on the Kaleidoscope quilt-along organized by Elizabeth. I think it will give me the kind of discipline and a framework that I really need.

These are the fabrics for the quilt:



I actually pulled out these fabrics for another project about 6 weeks ago, started cutting the fabrics, and wasn't very happy with the result. It would be good to use these lovely fabrics for the Kaleidoscope quilt along. This is a mix of It's a Hoot by MoMo for moda, some Anne Kelle, and more new fabrics, all purchased a couple of months ago in New York (City Quilter - great store!).
As usual I'm sure I'll change the fabrics selection quite a lot, delete some and add others. The quilt is meant to be green-blue, by maybe I'll add some red


For the background I think I'll use light printes fabrics instead of solid.

Can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment