Monday, June 6, 2011

Wild Animals playmat finished


I finished the Wild Animals playmat which I started last week. It's a lovely panel of Robert Kaufman with wild animals pictures.


It's not patchwork, and not original, but I fell in love with this panel, and I needed to whip up something quickly for three years old Y, who had a new baby sister last week (she will get her own baby quilt).



For the backing I used a blue Wamsutta fabric from my stash, thinking that the back of the playmat should rather be dark (forgetting that the picture itself has a white background, not for long...)





I quilted around the pictures and a minimal quilting in between. I used the curved line of my Bernina sewing machine .




For the binding I used light green fabric with small white dots, I wanted something that will not distract from the panel itself. This is cotton fabrics for sheets, very wide, bought at the local fabric store.

I'm really happy with the way this playmat turned out, and I'm sure Y will also love it.

I'm linking to Fabric Tuesday of Quiltstory

3 comments:

  1. It is a very sweet playmat and as the baby grows she will learn to identify the animals (and the sounds they make). What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling Playmat! That panel IS cute! I'm sure it will be treasured and loved by both children!

    ReplyDelete