Monday, March 21, 2011

Fabrics for a new project

I started quilting the value quilt but encountered some technical problems. Hopefully they'll be solved when I find a walking foot for my vintage Bernina 807.
In the meantime I'm starting a new project, a blue & green quilt for my son.

I started with my most favorite task: pulling out fabrics. This time I'm going to use mainly new fabrics, bought recently in New York. I'm so excited to start cutting these wonderful fabrics!

I really like this combination, but tried adding some reds to see the effect:

What do you think? I think the red adds some interest, but will have to check on the design wall.

This is the blue-green combination, nice and safe

And this is the collection with the red addition:


Off to the scary and exciting part of cutting the fabrics!

2 comments:

  1. I'm awful at pulling fabrics and trying to see what goes! They are fabulous fabrics though, very boy friendly :)
    Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the reds in small doses--little sparkles. Love your new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete