Thursday, March 31, 2011

Something new, something old


I love going to the quilt shop, browsing the fabrics, choosing my favorites (so hard!) and buying too much, who doesn't? But getting the fabrics all the way to your doorstep is very special. Today I had the pleasure of getting a package with the most wonderful fabrics:


The top red is Robert Kaufman Metro Living Circles in Orange and the yellow, green and red dots are from the wonderful It's a Hoot collection by MoMo for moda. I love these big dots, and especially the reds. Such great bright fabrics (red is my favorite color all over)

I ordered these fabrics only a week ago, from the Etsy shop of hbfabrics. Considering the distance (two and a half continents away, I live in Israel), the fabrics got here amazingly fast, beautifully packed. Really great service, highly recommended! Thank you Hilary and Chris!

Now to something old: I made this pot holder more than 15 years ago, with my teacher Joan in LA. Still looks cute after all these years!



Of course I forgot altogether how I made it, so now I'm refreshing my memory with my new teacher, Marganit

I'm going to use the same technique (name?) for a pillow, this time with solids. Hope to show it quite soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love dots--yours are yummy and citrus-y!
    I never made one of those folded stars but remember them from "back in the day." They are showing up again on flickr!

    ReplyDelete